World's Best Peanut Butter Cookies | Erica Robbin
World's Best Peanut Butter Cookies © 2018 ericarobbin.com | All rights reserved.
As a user of this website you are accepting our Terms and Conditions. © 2018 ericarobbin.com | All rights reserved.
World’s Best Peanut Butter Cookies! They really are!
The Aztecs invented peanut butter in the 14th century. In the early 1900s, George Washington Carver promoted the peanut along with its many uses. He published three peanut butter cookie recipes in a research bulletin titled “How to Grow the Peanut and 105 Ways of Preparing it for Human Consumption.” In 1932, the Schenectady Gazette (now known as The Daily Gazette), published the first peanut butter cookie recipe calling for a criss-crossed fork design on the top.
This recipe is easier and less time-consuming than traditional peanut butter cookies since they don’t require rolling into balls and pressing with a fork. It is thought that pressing them allows for even baking. I love the criss-cross fork, grid-like cross-hatch design, but these can be made in no time and spread out perfectly on their own into a ginger snap-like appearance. They are deliciously crispy on the outside and super soft in the middle.
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C)
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Scoop dough onto parchment paper or greased baking sheet using either a small or large cookie scoop per your preference (no need to press with fork).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until just set.
- Cool slightly on the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Let me know if you make these! I found the original recipe on Pinterest which linked to blogger Dessert Now Dinner Later who authors other amazing recipes.
If you don’t have a scoop or spatula, you need one! They will make your baking life so much easier! Check out my recommendations below. And don’t forget, National Peanut Butter Cookie Day is June 12.