Nutella Cookies | Erica Robbin
Nutella is amazing and these cookies bring out the best in it!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 cup hazelnuts, lightly toasted as they will continue to toast in the oven (may use pecans or walnuts as a substitute)
- NUTELLA COOKIES:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C).
- Mix butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, and Nutella, mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add combined dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in nuts.
- Using small cookie scoop, drop by generous rounded mounds 3 inches (5 cm) apart (they spread quite a bit) onto baking tray that is greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (177 C) for 12 minutes or until center appears chewy but is no longer raw (they’ll continue to bake as they cool on pan).
- Let cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Nutella was introduced in 1965 when cocoa was in limited supply due to World War II rationing. World Nutella Day is celebrated on February 5.
I love Nutella and this hazelnut chocolate spread is a nice addition to any recipe. These cookies are deliciously crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle. They are lovely dipped in coffee, tea, or milk, nicely retaining their shape.
This is an adaptation from a recipe found on the Food Network website, which was provided in courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Her recipe is called “Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti.” The original recipe is yummy as well, having a texture that is more crunchy and sweet.
Let me know if you make these and what you enjoy eating with Nutella!
*Some links may be affiliates which means I may earn a small commission when you make a purchase using them at no additional cost to you. If you choose to use them I would like to say thank you and I appreciate the support!