Buttercream icing © 2018 ericarobbin.com | All rights reserved.
As a user of this website you are accepting our Terms and Conditions. © 2018 ericarobbin.com | All rights reserved.
Buttercream Icing :
- 4 large egg whites (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 lb (4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pats, softened
- Place egg whites and sugar in bowl over hot water bath.
- While whisking, bring mixture up to 160 degrees (71 C).
- Remove from heat and continue whisking on high setting until and completely cooled and texture is light and billowy. May apply ice packs to outside of bowl to aid in cooling process.
- Once completely cooled, add butter one pat at a time, ensuring each piece is well-incorporated each time.
- May add any flavoring or fruit compote as desired.
- Best if used immediately. May refrigerate, but make sure you allow icing to come to room temperature before mixing (at low speed).