Adorable Wooden Cat Decor
Adorable wooden cat decor © 2018 ericarobbin.com | All rights reserved.
Today, October 29, is National Cat Day. It was founded to help bring recognition to the number of cats that are in need of rescue, as well as to celebrate the love and companionship that they bring.
Here is an adorable cat craft that I thought you might enjoy and it’s super easy to make! It’s purr-fect for Halloween. It’s also a great way to add some charm to your home for the fall and upcoming holiday season (just add some jingle bells), or keep it out all year round!
- Adorable Wooden Cat Decor:
- Wood boards, any shape and dimension (ask your local hardware store for any scraps or errors and keep in mind that a better quality wood will require less sanding)
- Medium grit sand paper
- Indoor/outdoor paint (any desired colors)
- 2″ paint brush
- Fine detail paint brush
- Clear glaze sealant (I like Krylon Triple-Thick Crystal Clear Glaze) though this is optional if you prefer a matte look
- Crafting eyes
- Crafting glue
Crafting wood pieces © 2018 ericarobbin.com | All rights reserved.[/caption]
- Cute Wooden Cat Decor:
- Saw a v-shaped notch on one end of the wood for the ears.
- Sand any rough edges.
- Paint wood a solid color, followed by details of a nose, mouth, and whiskers.
- Seal with a light coat of glaze.
- Glue on the eyes.
- Tie a bow with the raffia around the lower third.
Have fun, be creative, add some character! If you make this adorable decoration and want to share a photo, be sure to comment and include your social media @username (links won’t be accepted) so we can all see your creations!
And speaking of cats, I added a holiday cat design to my Redbubble and Teespring stores, so be sure to check them out! The design was for a holiday greeting card design contest. The design comes with and without the lettering and there are several products to choose from in addition to holiday greeting cards.