Berry Cream Cheese Muffins | Erica Robbin
This recipe makes for soft, moist, homestyle muffins with a fresh summery tang to it, yet also tastes like Christmas.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese (divided in 1/2 with 4 oz softened, the other 4 oz cut into small cubes)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup fresh berries such as strawberries or raspberries (sliced or cubed) or whole blueberries or cranberries
BERRY CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS:
- BERRY CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (204 C). Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Mix butter, 4 oz softened cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.
- Add beaten egg, mix completely.
- Mix in cream and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, orange peel, baking powder, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Gently fold berries and remaining 4 oz cream cheese cubes into dry mixture, then fold into wet mixture.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
I hope you have a wonderful day! Let me know if you try these. This recipe is adapted from The Dutch Baker’s Daughter. The original recipe is called Strawberries and Cream Muffins… Improv Challenge. I found it while looking for a strawberry and chunky cream cheese style muffin recipe that I wanted to test out based on a muffin I enjoyed at the Taos Inn in New Mexico. It’s similar, but not an exact match but I’m glad I came across it because it is so flavorful.