Happy National Chocolate Chip Day! Let me know if you try these. This recipe is adapted from Live Well, Bake Often. The original recipe is called Soft and Chewy White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies. You’ll have to try her recipe as well, the cookies are so yummy!
Chocolate Chip Pecan Oatmeal Cookies | Erica Robbin
This recipe makes for soft, chewy cookies, and flavorful cookies.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN OATMEAL COOKIES:
- CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN OATMEAL COOKIES:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (177 C)
- Mix butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add beaten eggs, mix completely.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt. Then add to wet mixture.
- Then fold in oatmeal, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Using medium-sized cookie scoop (for large cookies), drop balls onto cookie sheet prepared with parchment paper (or greased) 2 inches apart.
- Flatten each cookie just slightly.
- Bake 10-13 minutes, or until just barely done.
- Leave on pan to cool 5 minutes (will finish baking on pan), then transfer to cooling rack.