I love chocolate! Especially dark chocolate, and hazelnuts are one of my favorite types of nuts.
You can easily switch out the ingredients to suit your tastes. I’m pretty sure if you wanted to you could mix all the ingredients together in the end, but the layering of the ball, into the chocolate, and coating it with the dry ingredients felt extra special to me.
In either case, the texture of these little morsels is nice and quite satisfying. The sea salt brings the flavors together and softens the edge of the dark chocolate for a lovely treat.
Makes for a great dinner sweet, or prepare ahead of time for cute decorative, dainty dessert ball stack for a tea party.
Chocolate Roasted Hazelnut No-Bake Coconut Date Balls| Erica Robbin
Satisfy your chocolate craving!
A chocolate lover’s dream!
- [recipe-ingredients title="Chocolate Roasted Hazelnut No-Bake Coconut Date Balls"]
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Mexican brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, plus 1 teaspoon reserved
- 1 cup hazelnut butter (or hazelnut/almond butter)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, at least 60% cocoa if you like dark
- Flake sea salt or course sea salt
- 1 cup dry roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup dry coconut flakes, sweetened
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
Chocolate Roasted Hazelnut No-Bake Coconut Date Balls
- In a Ninja blender or food processor, blend dates, either syrup or sugar, vanilla, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and hazelnut butter.
- Shape mixture into balls and sprinkle over salt, may refrigerate for easier handling.
- Combine chopped nuts, coconut, and cacao nibs in separate bowl, set aside.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, adding 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Dip balls into chocolate using a spoon to fully dunk and coat.
- Place each ball onto the dry mixture, fully coat.
- May store in refrigerator or freeze.
Let me know if you try these in the comments below!
What is you go-to snack for chocolate cravings and what are your favorite no-bake desserts? Be sure to share in the comments below!