This enchilada recipe is so easy to make, especially if you use a preprepared rotisserie chicken. The soup and sour cream adds a lot of flavor and creaminess.
Green Chile Chicken Sour Cream Enchilada | Erica Robbin
Flavorful and creamy!
- 1 cup roasted green chile, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken condensed soup, cream of mushroom is also fine to use
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 dozen tortillas
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (any kind, mild or sharp cheddar, pepper jack)
GREEN CHILE CHICKEN SOUR CREAM ENCHILADAS:
- GREEN CHILE CHICKEN SOUR CREAM ENCHILADAS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C).
- Heat chicken, chile, soup, and spices in pan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Spread chile mixture on tortillas and stack either by alternating layers in a flat or rolled fashion. You might have some tortillas left, but using a generous amount will help prevent your enchilada from being dry.
- Sprinkle a small handful of cheese between layers, reserving the rest for the top.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes until heated through, cheese is melted, and begins to brown.