Here’s a lovely, unexpected twist on cheesecake!
Jalapeño, yes you heard that right! This recipe has just a taste of jalapeño bite, subtly distinguished with this unique flavor enhancement without being overly striking, especially with the raspberries overtop to balance it all out.
It’s a decadent cheesecake and a fun recipe to surprise your guests who will first question, then fall in love with one of my favorite ways to enjoy cheesecake.
With spring and summer on it’s way, it’s a dazzling way to bring a bit of mystery, cheer, and warmth to your dessert menu item or party! Let them guess, see what they say!
Jalapeño Cheesecake | Erica Robbin
So unexpected, so yummy and decadent!
- 2, 8 oz packages of full fat cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons jalapeño juice from jar (use plain, not the seasoned or garlic kind)
- 2 cups graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed or fresh that have been slightly cooked to bring juices out
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees (163 C).
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and jalapeño juice
- In separate bowl mix graham crackers, sugar, butter, and salt, and press into 9-inch round cheesecake pan.
- Pour cream cheese batter into prepared crust.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 F degrees (163 C), until done.
- Let set and cool, then loosen cake from rim of pan.
- Plate each slice and garnish with raspberries.