Lemonade Syrup Base | Erica Robbin
Homemade lemonade is simple to make and you get to control the sweetness.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (to taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon (grated peel of 1 lemon)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
LEMONADE SYRUP BASE:
- LEMONADE SYRUP BASE:
- Combine sugar and water over med-high heat, stirring frequently until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cover, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in grated lemon peel and lemon juice and let cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator. Also freezes well for subsequent use.
- When ready to drink, prepare a ratio that is 1 part base to 2 parts water (to taste).
- Can also be used as a simple syrup in cake recipes (dilute according to taste).