Macadamia Nut and Harvest Peach Pie Açaí Bowl | Erica Robbin
Look at all of this yummy goodness!
- 2 (100 gram) pouches frozen açaí berries, blend according to directions for desired texture using coconut water or coconut milk, fruit juice, milk, or non-dairy product of choice
- 1 peach, diced, and reserve a couple slices for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup blackberries, whole
- 1/2 cup yogurt, any kind, any style (I used pineapple)
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- Drizzle coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sweetener of choice such as guaraná syrup, brown sugar, honey, or agave nectar
- 1/8 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
MACADAMIA NUT AND HARVEST PEACH PIE AÇAÍ BOWL:
- MACADAMIA NUT AND HARVEST PEACH PIE AÇAÍ BOWL:
- Spread açaí smoothie mixture in bottom of each bowl.
- Combine diced peaches and pumpkin pie spice.
- Layer fruits in rows over the top of the açaí mixture.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt.
- Cook rolled oats in coconut oil and sweetener of choice in pan (cast iron is best) over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped macadamia nuts to pan and cook a few seconds just until nuts are lightly toasted.
- Sprinkle granola nut mixture over top and garnish with peach slices.
Açaí berries grow on the açaí palm and can be frozen and blended together like a smoothie. The açaí bowl is a dish known in Brazil as açaí na tigela which uses these berries along with the layering of other various fruits. Creative options for add-ins are endless. Bananas, berries, tropical, and stone fruits, along with a granola topping, nuts, seeds, or coconut flakes are most popular.
In celebration of National Macadamia Nut Day (September 4th), this recipe includes toasted macadamia nut granola for an extra nutty flavor and crunchy texture. And I combined it with the yummy goodness of homemade fresh peach pie (made with peaches I harvested from the tree).
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below if you make it and if you like any particular ingredients in your açaí bowl.