Mint Dark Chocolate M&M St. Patrick's Day Sugar Cookies | Erica Robbin
So soft and scrumptious!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! My grandma is known for baking yummy sugar cookies with cinnamon and sugar and M&M’s on top. Here is a recipe using the Mint Dark Chocolate M&M’s which are so festive and delicious!
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus extra for cinnamon sugar mix)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 9.6 ounce package Mint Dark Chocolate M&M’s
MINT DARK CHOCOLATE M&M ST. PATRICK’S DAY SUGAR COOKIES:
- MINT DARK CHOCOLATE M&M ST. PATRICK’S DAY SUGAR COOKIES:
- Cream together sugar, butter, vanilla, syrup, and eggs.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients, cover dough, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon to be used for tops in separate bowl to use later.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C).
- Roll out cookie dough onto floured surface to about 1 cm thickness. Cut into circles. Dip top surface into sugar cinnamon mixture and press four M&M’s on top.
- Bake on lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes until just barely done for a soft texture as they will continue to set upon cooking.