I love pumpkin! My sister grew the one I used in this recipe and I was so excited to make so many recipes with it.
I also had some lavender from my garden and wanted to combine the two, so here is what I came up with.
The lavender is barely there which I thought was just right. It added just a bit of depth into the traditional pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, to which I also added coconut sugar and spices for a perfectly rich fall treat!
Enjoy with a glass of milk!
Pumpkin Lavender Chocolate Chip Cookies | Erica Robbin
Much like traditional pumpkin cookies with chocolate, but with just a hint of lovely lavender.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated coconut sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh pumpkin (3/4 cup canned pumpkin)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream infused with lavender
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, or pecans (optional)
PUMPKIN LAVENDER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
- PUMPKIN LAVENDER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (177 C)
- Mix butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add beaten eggs, mix completely.
- Mix in vanilla, pumpkin, and lavender infused whipping cream.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt. Then add to wet mixture.
- Then fold chocolate chips and nuts.
- Using medium-sized cookie scoop (for large cookies), drop balls onto cookie sheet prepared with parchment paper (or greased) 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-13 minutes, or until just lightly golden.