Stuffed Jalapeños | Erica Robbin
These are so addicting!
These are my go-to snacks, even as a meal, and the appetizer to bring to the party. All you need is jalapeño and cream cheese for them to taste great, but adding cheese, garlic, and bacon adds that extra gourmet taste!
Some people call them “jalapeño poppers” if you coat and fry them. Some refer to them as “rat tails” if you leave the stems on. Both are very yummy!
- 12 jalapeños (24 halves)
- 1 package (8 oz/226 grams) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 package (16 oz/1 lb) bacon, sliced (may cut again lengthwise, optional)
- STUFFED JALAPEÑOS:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C).
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic.
- Spread cheese mixture onto each jalapeño and wrap with bacon.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes until cheese is melted and bacon is to desired crispiness.
Attention cheese-lovers out there, today is National Cheddar Day! I love cheese, especially the sharp and white cheddar variety. You can stuff these jalapeños with any type you like. Be sure to check out some of my favorites below!
How are you going to celebrate today? If you make this recipe let me know in the comments below and learn more about the history of cheddar here!
Here are a few of my favorites which are great alone for snacking or in a dish: