Berry Tropical Açaí Bowl | Erica Robbin
A perfect balance of sweetness and texture in this smoothie bowl!
- Coconut sugar and lime juice for sugared rim
- 2 (100 gram) pouches frozen açaí berries, blend according to directions for desired texture using coconut water or coconut milk, fruit juice, milk, or non-dairy product of choice, I used lime juice
- 1 kiwi, diced, and reserve a couple slices for garnish
- 1/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup blackberries, whole
- Mango, sliced
- 1/2 cup yogurt, any kind, any style (I used peach)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes, dried and roasted
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Dried hibiscus flowers
- Lime, slices, for garnish
BERRY TROPICAL AÇAÍ BOWL:
- BERRY TROPICAL AÇAÍ BOWL:
- Rub sliced lime over edge of bowl and either dip or pat sugar on.
- Spread açaí smoothie mixture in bottom of each bowl.
- Layer fruits in rows over the top of the açaí mixture.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt.
- Garnish with coconut flakes, chia seeds, and dried hibiscus flower.
I just love the crunch of the coconut flakes and the mandarin orange burst! And the colors and dried hibiscus flower fit the Mardi Gras theme! I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know if you try making it in the comments below!